Chief Master Sgt. Michael E. Dixon is the Wing Command Chief for the 122nd Fighter Wing, Indiana Air National Guard, Fort Wayne, Ind. As the Wing Command Chief, he is the senior enlisted advisor and is responsible for advising commanders and staff on mission effectiveness, professional development, military readiness, training, utilization, health, morale and welfare of the Wing’s enlisted Airmen and takes action to address and correct shortfalls and challenges. He is also responsible for providing leadership to all enlisted personnel and is the functional manager for Group Superintendents and First Sergeants within the Fighter Wing.
Chief Master Sgt. Dixon began his Air Force Career with the 122nd Fighter Wing as a Drill Status Guardsmen in 1992. In the 19 years following initial training he worked as an Armament Technician on the F-16 Fighting Falcon and became Armament Shop Supervisor in 2005. He deployed in support of Operations Southern Watch, Enduring Freedom and Iraqi Freedom. The chief became the weapons expediter in 2011 and led weapons loading operations during Operations Enduring Freedom and Inherent Resolve in 2014 and an international exercise with the Slovak Republic in 2015. He was promoted to Chief Master Sergeant in 2017 and later assigned as the 122nd Fighter Wing Weapons Manager, leading the weapons element thru spin up and execution of Operation Freedom’s Sentinel in 2018. Prior to his current position, the chief was the 122nd Maintenance Group Superintendent.
The chief is currently employed with a national sales and distribution company. He is a Territory Sales Manager for Northeast Indiana managing 130 stores, wholesale distribution, warehouse, and chain accounts. The chief shares his passion for the 122nd Fighter Wing with his civilian employer by participating in Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve programs and enlisting his civilian coworkers to volunteer for the 2012 and 2016 Fort Wayne Air Shows.
1992 Air Force Basic Military Training, Lackland Air Force Base, Tex.
1996 Airman Leadership School, Maxwell AFB, Ala., by correspondence
2005 Air Force Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Maxwell AFB, Ala., by correspondence
2010 Air Force Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Maxwell AFB, Ala., by correspondence
2010 Air National Guard Diversity Champions Course, 122nd Fighter Wing, Fort Wayne, Ind.
2010 Dale Carnegie Leadership Training, 122nd Fighter Wing, Fort Wayne, Ind.
2012 Air National Guard Contemporary Base Issues Course, 122nd Fighter Wing, Fort Wayne, Ind.
2015 Associate of Science, Aircraft Armament Systems, Community College of the Air Force, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2017 Chief Executive Course, Joint Base Andrews, Md.
2018 Air Force Advanced Armament Course, Sheppard AFB, Tex.
1. June 1992 – December 2004, Armament Systems Specialist, 122nd Fighter Wing, Ind. (August 2004-September 2004, Armament Systems Specialist, 379th Expeditionary Maintenance Squadron, Al Udeid Air Base, Qatar)
2. January 2005 – January 2011, Armament Shop Supervisor, 122nd Fighter Wing, Ind. (January 2006-March 2006, Armament Shop Supervisor, 332nd EMXS, Balad AB, Iraq, September 2007-November 2007, Armament Shop Supervisor, 332nd EMXS, Balad AB, Iraq)
3. February 2011 – January 2017, Weapons Expediter, 122nd Fighter Wing, Ind. (October 2014-November 2014, Weapons Expeditor, 455th EMXS, Bagram Airfield, Afghanistan; November 2014-April 2015, Weapons Expeditor, 332nd EMXS, Ahmed Al Jaber AB, Kuwait)
4. February 2017 – July 2017, Noncommissioned Officer in Charge Weapons Element, 122nd Fighter Wing, Ind.
5. August 2017 – August 2018, Wing Weapons Manager, 122nd Fighter Wing, Ind.
6. August 2018 – December 2018, Maintenance Group Superintendent, 122nd Fighter Wing, Ind.
7. January 2019 – Present, Command Chief Master Sergeant, 122nd Fighter Wing, Ind.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Air Force Commendation Medal
Air Force Achievement Medal
Air Reserve Forces Meritorious Service Medal with seven oak leaf clusters
National Defense Service Medal with one bronze star
Iraq Campaign Medal with one bronze star
Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Armed Forces Reserve Medal with 4 ‘M’ devices
Indiana National Guard Commendation Medal with one oak leaf cluster
Indiana Long Service Medal
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND ASSOCIATIONS
Air National Guard Non-Commissioned Officer Academy Graduate Association
National Guard Association of Indiana, Life Member
National Guard Association of the United States
EFFECTIVE DATE OF PROMOTION
Airman Basic Jan. 11, 1992
Airman Dec. 16, 1992
Airman First Class Dec. 07, 1993
Senior Airman Sept. 21, 1994
Staff Sergeant Oct. 21, 1996
Technical Sergeant Dec. 28, 2004
Master Sergeant Dec. 15, 2008
Senior Master Sergeant Jan. 14, 2011
Chief Master Sergeant Feb. 01, 2017
(Current as of January 2019)